Ronaldo lands FIFA award

Manchester United winger Cristiano Ronaldo has been named FIFA's world player of the year.

The 23-year-old Portugal international is the Premier League's first winner of the award after finishing ahead of runner-up Lionel Messi of Barcelona, with Liverpool striker Fernando Torres third.

Ronaldo, whose 42 goals in all competitions last season helped United win the Premier League and Champions League titles, collected the award from Brazil legend Pele at a star-studded ceremony in Zurich.

The winger has also been crowed FIFPro's player of the year and Europe's top player after winning the Ballon d'Or in recent months, but after his latest accolade was quick to pay tribute to United boss Sir Alex Ferguson.

"It is an overwhelming moment, it is a dream come true and I would like to dedicate this to my family," he said.

"I'm extremely happy, it's one of the most important moments in my life and I hope I can come back here again.

"After what I did in 2008, to receive this award is amazing and I feel very proud of this achievement.

"But it's also true that the manager always has an important role to play.

"It was a great season for me and for my club and the coach was important for me because I learned a lot for him.

"His experience over so many years is of paramount importance and it's a privilege to have such a great club manager.

"This is the climax of a fantastic era for me. I'm happy and proud about what has been done by my team and what we have won.

"I am lucky to be part of the history of a club like Manchester United."

via : www.football.co.uk

Social Bookmarking
Ayo di bookmark... Mr. Wong Ayo di bookmark... Oneview Ayo di bookmark... Linkarena Ayo di bookmark... Folkd Ayo di bookmark... Digg Ayo di bookmark... Del.icio.us Ayo di bookmark... Facebook Ayo di bookmark... Reddit Ayo di bookmark... Jumptags Ayo di bookmark... Simpy Ayo di bookmark... StumbleUpon Ayo di bookmark... Slashdot Ayo di bookmark... Propeller Ayo di bookmark... Furl Ayo di bookmark... Yahoo Ayo di bookmark... Spurl Ayo di bookmark... Google Ayo di bookmark... Blinklist Ayo di bookmark... Blogmarks Ayo di bookmark... Diigo Ayo di bookmark... Technorati Ayo di bookmark... Newsvine Ayo di bookmark... Blinkbits Ayo di bookmark... Ma.Gnolia Ayo di bookmark... Smarking Ayo di bookmark... Netvouz Information